Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Good Will Hunting

I like helping people - I can't help it (pun intended). At the end of the day, when I've helped one or many people, I feel much better about myself. Can you recall a time you did a good deed for somebody? Remember how that made you feel? If you're like me, you felt great about it. If you're not the type of person who likes to help people, then maybe you didn't feel so great about it.

I know how I feel about those who have gone beyond what's expected from a citizen of earth to help those in need. The folks who assisted those in need after the recent hurricanes are heroes to me. Many left their homes and families to spend time helping those who needed it. The aftermath of the Tsunami last year left many devastated. It was also a call to action for good-hearted souls to travel thousands of miles from home to help people they never met. What about the heroes who went to Ground Zero to help those in need after 9/11? I'm sure you've heard many stories of bravery and courage. I know quite a few Scientology Volunteer Ministers who went to all the places I just mentioned. They traveled from all points of the earth to go attend to those who needed help. Those who couldn't go arranged fund-raising rallies and worked around the clock to load trucks with food and clothes that many others donated.

The Scientology Volunteer Ministers and other heroes are all people of good will. In the chapter titled "Do not Harm a Person of Good Will" in the book The Way to Happiness, L.Ron Hubbard says, "Factually, the society runs on men and women of good will," yet, he continues, "Such people are easy to attack: their very decency prevents them from overprotecting themselves. Yet the survival of most of the individuals in a society depends upon them."


Who would harm these people of good will? Would you?